The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan is offered in only one fully loaded variant called Elegance, and it is priced at Rs. 31.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan facelift officially went on sale in India. The mid-size was first launched in India in 2017 was on sale in the country until early 2020, when the industry made the transition to BS6 emission norms. It was replaced by the 7-seater Tiguan Allspace, however, now the 5-seater version of the SUV has returned with a mid-life facelift, and there’s a lot to talk about the updated model. The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan facelift is priced at ₹ 31.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Here’s All You Need To Know About The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift:
- The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan is built on the company’s versatile MQB platform, and like the pre-facelift, this too comes to India as a completely knock-down (CKD) unit. SUV is assembled at Skoda Auto Volkswagen India’s production facility in Aurangabad.
- The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan is offered in only one fully loaded variant called Elegance. So all premium features like the Matrix LED headlights, LED taillamps, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, 18-inch Frankfurt alloy wheels, and more are all standard.
Also Read: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift: Top 5 Highlights
- One of the big highlights of the Tiguan is the IQ.Light Matrix LED technology, which is made of 24 individual LEDs which offer better illumination during the night. It has a dynamic and advanced front lighting system (AFS) with range control, cornering light, and poor weather light. The taillamps, on the other hand, gets different LED signatures while braking, which VW calls the “click-clack” effect.
- The Tiguan will be offered in seven striking colour options – Nightshade Blue, Pure White, Oryx White with Pearl effect, Deep Black, Dolphin Gray, Reflex Silver and Kings Red – for customers to choose from.
Also Read: Volkswagen Tiguan: New vs Old
- The Volkswagen Tiguan’s styling is more in line with the new-gen VW models. It comes equipped with a muscular bumper with piano black inserts and a wide radiator grille with horizontal chrome slats and the new VW logo. The company also offers an optional rough road package (Side-cladding), which gives it a more rugged look and prevents colour chipping.
- Inside, the SUV gets a newly designed cabin with a premium interior. The SUV gets a flat-bottom steering wheel, along with a 10-inch digital instrument cluster with a virtual cockpit, along with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with gesture controls. The new Tiguan is fitted with illuminated scuff plates and USB C-ports, Vienna leather seats, and 3-zone climate control.
- The SUV also comes to My Volkswagen Connect App, which comes with a range of connected car tech like – monitoring driving behaviour, live tracking, Geo-fencing, Time-fencing and various other safety alert functions. My Volkswagen connect App is enabled by a SIM-based dongle which ensures seamless connectivity between the car and the user’s mobile device.
- In terms of safety features, the Tiguan is offered with 6 airbags, front and rear disc brakes, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR), Electronic Differential Lock (EDL), EDTC – Engine Drag Torque Control, Hill Start Assist, Hill descent Control, Auto Hold, 3 head-rest at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX and driver alert system.
- The newly launched VW Tiguan is a petrol-only model. It comes powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine that makes 187 bhp at @ 4200 – 6000 rpm and 320 Nm of peak torque at 1500-4100 rpm. The mill comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission as standard and is coupled with the 4Motion all-wheel-drive (AWD) system. The new Tiguan offers a fuel efficiency of 12.65 kmpl (ARAI certified).