The new-generation Hyundai i20 looks bolder and sportier than before. It is offered in a wide range of engine and gearbox combinations to choose from.
The third-generation Hyundai i20 was launched in the country last year in November just ahead of the festive season. The i20 has been a strong seller for the company, and the new generation looks to add more value to the customers. Based on the K platform, the all-new i20 is bolder, feature-loaded and powerful than the predecessor. The car is available in 4 variants – Magna, Sportz, Asta and Asta (O). The premium hatchback is priced in the range of ₹ 6.85 lakh to ₹ 11.34 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Here are the top five highlights of the new-generation Hyundai i20:
1. The new-generation Hyundai i20 is designed under the brand’s Sensuous Sportiness philosophy. It comes with a gloss black honeycomb grille, LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs, front lamps, Z-shaped LED taillamps, diamond cut alloys, and dual-tone roof option. Furthermore,
2. The all-new i20 is India’s first premium hatchback that offers connected car technology. It also comes with premium features such as wireless charging with a cooling pad, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electric sunroof, over-the-air (OTA) updates, premium seven-speaker Bose sound system, air purifier, and more.
3. Dimension-wise, the car has grown in length and width by 10 mm and 41 mm respectively, but the height remains unchanged. Moreover, the wheelbase also has been increased by 10mm. In fact, the carmaker says that the rear legroom has gone up by 88 mm.
4. The cabin of the all-new Hyundai i20 has received a massive update. It now comes with dual-tone treatment with leatherette upholstery featuring contrast stitching enhancing the overall cabin layout. There is a new digital instrument cluster and a TFT screen.
5. Powertrain-wise, the Hyundai i20 shares its engines with the Venue subcompact SUV. It includes a 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol, a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol, and a 1.5-litre diesel. Transmission choices will include a 5-speed manual gearbox along with a 6-speed iMT (Intelligent Manual Transmission), an iVT (Intelligent Variable Transmission) automatic and a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) automatic unit.